APT is Currently Producing 240 Multiple Choice Questions on Markets & Market Failure
– available in Interactive PowerPoint Version AND / OR Printable Classroom Test Papers version
This resource consists of 12 sets of 20 multiple choice questions to test students’ knowledge and understanding of the subject content required to be covered for AQA AS Economics on The Operation of Markets and Market Failure. It provides teachers with flexibility over delivery as the 240 questions can be supplied as:
- interactive PowerPoint questions - for use on a computer (and intranet) for students to complete in their own time, or during class as a group exercise; AND / OR
- printable Test Paper documents - for teachers to issue to students as formal tests to complete in class, in a set time limit.
The AQA AS Economics examination for Paper 1 includes 20 multiple choice questions. This represents almost 30% (28.6%) of the total 70 marks available for this particular paper. Practice multiple choice questions should, therefore, form part of every AQA AS Economics student’s revision programme.
The APT resource contains 2 tests of 20 questions on each of the 5 subject content areas listed in the specification on the Operation of Markets and Market Failure, ie 2 tests of 20 questions on:
1. Economic methodology and the economic problem
2. Price determination in a competitive market
3. Production, costs and revenue
4. Competitive and concentrated markets
5. The market mechanism, market failure and government intervention in markets
It also contains 2 ‘end of section’ tests that can form part of a mock examination for AS Paper 1.
The resource, therefore, enables students to be tested at the end of each subject content area covered in class, as well as at the very end of their study of The Operation of Markets and Market Failure. Questions are included on every sub-topic area listed in the specification, and explanations are provided for every question posed - further helping to consolidate students’ knowledge and understanding of the subject.
Feedback received on APT’s previous multiple choice questions for AQA AS Economics:
“I have found the MC questions of great use to put on our VLE as the students get such good feedback if they are wrong.
It is a great way to test their knowledge as well as revising as they go”.
Campbell Smith, Caterham School.
“The students have found them so useful. The quality of the resources is excellent”.
Andrea Andrews, The Royal Latin School, April 2016
- Price £35+vat for the Printable Version to be published 11th October 2016
- Price £45+vat for the Interactive PowerPoints Version to be published 20th October 2016
- Price £75+vat for the Interactive PowerPoints and Printable Versions to be published 20th October 2016
(+ £2.50 for CD if required) for unlimited use at your school or college.
APT are also producing Multiple Choice Questions for Paper 2 and Paper 3 together with Mock Exam Papers for Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3. Please click HERE to see the full list of APT’s resources.
Free Extracts from APT’s Theme 1 Papers for Edexcel Economics AS AL Spec A
Click HERE to download our first complimentary resource from our: APT Theme 1 Papers for Edexcel Economics AS AL Spec A. This first free extract is the Question Paper from our Interim Paper 1 on 1.1 Nature of Economics.
Mark Schemes & Example Model Answers to this Interim Paper.
Our APT Full Resource is constructed to enable students to be formally tested at various key points throughout their study of the theme, as well as upon completion. Hence, there are 3 ‘interim’ papers and 1 ‘end of theme’ paper, together with Mark Schemes and Example Model Answers for each Paper as follows:
- Paper 1 – concerns Nature of Economics (1.1 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns How Markets Work (1.2 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 3 – concerns Market Failure AND Government Intervention (1.3 and 1.4).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – Markets and Market Failure (1.1 to 1.4).
The four question papers have been written to include questions that test as many areas listed in the specification subject content relating to Theme 1 as possible.
The style and format of each paper is based on the sample assessment material produced by Edexcel for AS Economics A and the papers have been written by a senior examiner for multiple examination boards and experienced teacher of AS and A Level Economics.
What is the Benefit to Teachers? ….. The question papers, mark schemes and detailed example model answers included in this resource will, ultimately:
- minimise the need for you to devise appropriate questions to test your students’ knowledge and understanding at various points throughout their Economics course.
- enable you to test students’ regularly (every 8 to 10 weeks) in a formal examination setting.
- build students’ confidence in sitting AS (and A Level) Economics exams.
- identify any gaps in your students’ knowledge and understanding that need to be re-visited.
- familiarise your students with the skills examiners look for and how to secure high grades.
has been published and is available for IMMEDIATE DISPATCH
Price: £65 + VAT for email or download (+ £2.50 for CD) for unlimited use at your school or college.
We are producing similar resources for Themes 2, 3 and 4, as well as mock examination papers for A Level Papers 1, 2 and 3 for Edexcel Economics Spec A:
ORDER YOUR COPY today:
By Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On line with a debit/credit card or by PayPal at www-apt-initiatives.com
APT will be producing a Complete Context Companion for use with Edexcel’s A Level Pre-released 2017 Context, which is due to be published by Edexcel in early November.
Our COMPLETE CONTEXT COMPANION will be published in January and can be pre-ordered now. It will include 5 separate resources that can be purchased individually, or together at a heavily discounted price:
- PowerPoint presentations for teachers - to launch the context to students and to introduce and / or summarise each aspect.
- Step by step research tasks for students with links to relevant articles - to encourage students to undertake in-depth, independent research on each aspect, with links to relevant articles, and points to consider.
- Detailed investigation into the context for teachers - with relevant theory, data and business examples, and analytical and evaluative comment on each aspect. This includes extracts from numerous articles so there is no having to click on ‘this link here’ and ‘that link there’ to access relevant research / data.
- Essential revision summaries for students - with relevant theory / concepts, data, business examples, and evaluative comments on each aspect.
- Mock exam paper, mark schemes and example model answers - in the same style and format as the sample assessment material produced by Edexcel for the Paper 3 context examination.
Feedback received on resources APT has published to date for use with Pre-Released Contexts and Themes:
“Absolutely outstanding. I call this my ‘Bible’. Your resources are in a different league. It’s worth every penny! A fantastic tool that fully supports teaching and
learning and student progression in great depth and detail! Greatly appreciated! Your work is amazing!”
Laura Pickford, Heworth Grange School, January 2016
Pre-order NOW – to be published January 2017
Price: £85 + VAT for email or download (+ £2.50 for CD) for unlimited use at your school or college.
Pre-order: By Email to email@example.com
On line with a debit/credit card or by PayPal (click here)