There are 8 weeks left until the Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 Exam on Investigating Business in a Competitive Environment, which is based on the Health and Fitness Industry. APT’s Complete Context Companion contains two essential resources for this time of year. These can be purchased separately and despatched immediately:
The above two resources are part of a set of six resources designed for Edexcel’s A Level Business 2017 Paper 3 Context Examination. The entire set (ie APT’s Complete Context Companion) can be purchased at a discounted rate of £85 + vat (instead of £134 + vat). Resources are licensed for staff and up to 60 students attending the purchasing institution, ie the individual school / college.
Feedback Received on APT’s Resources for Pre-Released Contexts and Themes:
“The theme materials you provided were excellent and suited every level of teaching.
I only wish that I had ordered earlier in the year.”
Click here to download free sample material for A Level Business and Economics.
China plans a new city worth $290 billion near Beijing – Click HERE for the link.
Relating to Market Failure, see the spec references below:-
Edexcel spec reference (Click here to see APT resources for Edexcel AS and AL Economics)
1.3.1 Types of market failure
AQA spec reference (Click here to see APT resources for AQA AS and AL Economics)
188.8.131.52 The meaning of market failure
184.108.40.206 Positive and negative externalities in consumption and production
APT are experts in producing resources for use with pre-released Business case studies (we’ve been doing this for 18 years), and with the exams looming our Two Additional Mock Exam Papers (for just £25 + vat) have been written to vigorously test and help prepare students for this year’s OCR GCSE A293 Business Studies Exam on Bowton Mountain Festival Ltd.
- The style and format of each paper is based on previous examinations set by OCR for the A293 Case Study Paper.
- The question papers contain appropriate spacing for students to write their answers.
- The mark schemes and answers provide a wide range of responses to the questions posed.
- For questions marked using a ‘levels of response’ mark scheme, detailed example model answers are provided in paragraph form, and answers are annotated to show where the levels have been met (ie Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3).
- The resource is licensed for teachers and up to 60 students to use in the purchasing institution.
These two additional mock examination papers, with mark schemes and detailed example model answers complement our highly acclaimed Teacher’s Companion / Student Revision Buddy for use with the OCR A293 2017 Case Study, which includes one mock exam paper, amongst a wide range of other resources that develop and thoroughly test students’ knowledge and understanding of the key terms, concepts and issues raised in the case study. Both of these resources can be ordered by email or online with a card here.
Two Additional Mock Exam Papers Price: £25 + VAT for email or download (+ £2.50 for CD).
Complete Student Revision Buddy Price: £67 + VAT for email or download (+ £2.50 for CD). - Discount available for Single User Licence.
Feedback on our Complete Student Revision Buddy:
“Absolutely outstanding. I call this my ‘Bible’. Your resources are in a different league. Worth every penny.
A fantastic tool that fully supports teaching and learning and student progression in great depth and detail. Greatly appreciated. Amazing!
Laura Pickford, Heworth Grange.
“Outstanding…becomes the sole resource in my class all the way to the exam day.”
Jillur Rahman, Woodbridge High School.
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to read this useful article relevant to AS/AL Economics on Demand for Labour / Wage Determination:
Edexcel spec references – 3.5.1 a) and b) Demand for Labour & 3.5.3 a) Wage Determination
AQA spec references - 220.127.116.11 The demand for labour, marginal productivity theory & 18.104.22.168 The determination of relative wage rates and levels of employment in imperfectly competitive labour markets
Paper 1 now available for AQA A Level Economics: 4 Mock Exam Papers, Mark Schemes and Example Model Answers for AQA A Level Economics Paper 1: Markets and Market Failure.
Click HERE for full details
These papers have been written by a senior examiner for multiple examination boards and experienced teacher of AS and A Level Economics and are ideal for mock examinations for AQA A Level Economics students.
The style and format of each paper is based on the sample assessment material produced by AQA for A Level Economics Paper 1.
PAPER 2: 4 Mock Exam Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers for National & International Economy due to be published on 4th May.
PAPER 3: 4 Mock Exam Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers for Economic Principles & Issues due to be published 31st May.
Check and Consolidate Understanding of Key Terms, Concepts and Issues with our ‘mini quizzes’ section of APT’s Teacher’s Companion / Student Revision Buddy.
Click HERE to have a go at the short answer questions.
The information relates to Influences on the Market for Health and Fitness Clubs and Gyms and specifically The Effect of Changes in the UNEMPLOYMENT RATE WAGES.
APT is delighted to announce the publication of our set of 4 Mock Papers for Edexcel A Level Economics A – Paper 3, which is available for immediate despatch. This follows the publication of our set of 4 Mock Papers for Paper 1 and Paper 2, and set of 4 Interim and End of Theme Papers for each of the four themes.
“They are a fantastic resource! I have just had clearance that I can order the other sets” Imogen Tansley (Mrs), Head of Economics & Business, Northampton High School, November 2016
“These are perfect and we look forward to receiving the others.” Mr A White, The Joseph Whitaker School, October 2016
“I was very impressed with Paper1. I use a competitor’s, but yours is on another level.” Elena Themistocieous, Cyprus, October 2016
These papers have been written by an experienced senior examiner of A Level Economics and are ideal for mock examinations. The style and format is based on the sample assessment material produced by Edexcel.
In addition, questions worth 12 or more marks (where ‘Level Descriptors’ are used to mark students’ answers), detailed example model answers have been provided in paragraph form, rather than a list of relevant points anticipated to be raised in the answer. Answers to questions worth 12 or more marks, have also been annotated to show where assessment objectives have been met (ie knowledge, application, analysis and evaluation).
For further information on our set of 4 Mock Exam Papers, Mark Schemes and Example Model Answers for Edexcel A Level Economics A, click on the links below:
APT has also published a set of Four Test Papers for Theme 1, Theme 2, Theme 3 and Theme 4. Each set of 4 papers has been constructed to enable students to be formally tested at various key points throughout their study of each theme, as well as upon completion. Hence, there are 3 ‘interim’ papers and 1 ‘end of theme’ paper, with detailed mark schemes and answers as follows:
- Paper 1 – concerns Nature of Economics (1.1 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns How Markets Work (1.2 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 3 – concerns Market Failure AND Government Intervention (1.3 and 1.4).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – Markets and Market Failure (1.1 to 1.4).
- Paper 1 – concerns Measures of Economic Performance (Section 2.1 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns Aggregate Demand, Aggregate Supply AND National Income (Sections 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 3 – concerns Economic Growth AND Macroeconomic objectives and policies (Sections 2.5 and 2.6).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – The UK Economy – Performance & Policies (2.1 to 2.6).
- Paper 1 – concerns Business Growth AND Business Objectives AND Revenues, Costs & Profits (Sections 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns Market Structures (Section 3.4 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 3 – concerns Labour Market AND Government Intervention (Sections 3.5 and 3.6).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – Business Behaviour and The Labour Market (3.1 to 3.6).
Theme 4: ‘A Global Perspective’
- Paper 1 – concerns International Economics (Section 4.1 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns Poverty and Inequality AND Emerging and Developing Economies (Sections 4.2 and 4.3).
- Paper 3 – concerns The Financial Sector AND Role of the State in the Macroeconomy (Sections 4.4 and 4.5).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – A Global Perspective (4.1 to 4.5).
These Interim & End of Theme Papers:
- minimise the need for you to devise appropriate questions to test your students’ knowledge and understanding at various points throughout their Economics course.
- enable you to test students’ regularly (every 8 to 10 weeks) in a formal examination setting.
- build students’ confidence in sitting A Level and AS Economics exams.
- identify any gaps in your students’ knowledge and understanding that need to be re-visited.
- familiarise your students with the skills examiners look for and how to secure high grades.
“As a resource to assess both knowledge development and examination skills, these papers are fantastic. They allow pupils to gain a true insight into the nature of the economics papers and has allowed me to have meaningful conversations about examination technique from a much earlier stage in the course. The mark schemes and model answers make for a package which represents great value for money. Many thanks for such useful resources.”
Mark Seccombe, Pangbourne College, November 2016
“Thank you very much! Just the sort of thing I’m looking for. I’m looking forward to the other themes being published asap!!”
Clare Lutwyche, Prior’s Field School, October 2016
- Price: £65 + vat for each Theme (set of 4 Papers) for email or download for unlimited use at your school or college.
- Price: £65 + vat for each set of 4 Mock Exam Papers for email or download for unlimited use at your school or college.
- (+ £2.50 for CD)
Edexcel AS AL Spec A Theme 1: 4 (Interim and Entire Theme) Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on Introduction to Markets & Market Failure £65+vat Available Now
Edexcel AS AL Spec A Theme 2: 4 (Interim and Entire Theme) Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on The UK Economy – Performance & Policies £65+vat Available Now
Edexcel AL Spec A Theme 3: 4 (Interim and Entire Theme) Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on Business Behaviour & The Labour Market £65 +vat Available Now
Edexcel AL Spec A Theme 4: 4 (Interim and Entire Theme) Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on A Global Perspective £65+vat Available Now
Edexcel AL Spec A Paper 1: 4 Mock Exam Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on Markets and Business Behaviour (Theme 1 & 3) £65+vat Available Now
Edexcel AL Spec A Paper 2: 4 Mock Exam Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on The National and Global Economy (Theme 2 & 4) £65+vat Available Now
Mock papers available for GCSE Business Studies.
Click HERE to see a sample of our Mock Papers for the OCR GCSE Business Studies A293 Case Study 2017 – (A293/01 Production, Finance and the External Business Environment)
This is just a small extract taken from APT’s Complete Teacher’s Companion / Student Revision Buddy for A293 Case Study 2017 on Bowton Mountain Festival (BMF Ltd), which includes 1 mock paper.
There are also Two Additional Mock Papers for A293 Case Study 2017 available this year.
The information relates to Influences on the Market for Health and Fitness Clubs and Gyms and specifically The Effect of Changes in the REAL WAGES – Click HERE to see the full extract or HERE to see our full SAMPLE material.