APT’s Mock Exam Papers – Paper 1, 2 & 3 and Interim & End of Theme Papers – for Themes 1, 2, 3 & 4
(from £65 per set of 4 papers)
APT has published sets of 4 Mock Papers for Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3 as well as sets of 4 Interim and End of Theme Papers for each of the four themes.
APT’s MOCK EXAM PAPERS
These papers have been written by an experienced senior examiner of A Level Economics and are ideal for mock examinations. The style and format is based on the sample assessment material produced by Edexcel. In addition, for questions worth 12 or more marks (where ‘Level Descriptors’ are used to mark students’ answers), detailed example model answers have been provided in paragraph form, rather than a list of relevant points anticipated to be raised in the answer. Answers to questions worth 12 or more marks, have also been annotated to show where assessment objectives have been met (ie knowledge, application, analysis and evaluation).
“They are a fantastic resource! I have just had clearance that I can order the other sets.” Imogen Tansley (Mrs), Head of Economics & Business, Northampton High School.
“These are perfect and we look forward to receiving the others.” Mr A White, The Joseph Whitaker School.
“I was very impressed with Paper1. I use a competitor’s, but yours is on another level.” Elena Themistocieous, Cyprus.
APT’s INTERIM and END OF THEME PAPERS
Each set of 4 Test Papers for Theme 1, Theme 2, Theme 3 and Theme 4 has been constructed to enable students to be formally tested at various key points throughout their study of each theme, as well as upon completion. Hence, there are 3 ‘interim’ papers and 1 ‘end of theme’ paper, with detailed mark schemes and answers as follows:
THEME 1: ‘Introduction to Markets & Market Failure’
- Paper 1 – concerns Nature of Economics (1.1 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns How Markets Work (1.2 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 3 – concerns Market Failure AND Government Intervention (1.3 and 1.4).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – Markets and Market Failure (1.1 to 1.4).
THEME 2: ‘UK Economy-Performance & Policies’
- Paper 1 – concerns Measures of Economic Performance (Section 2.1 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns Aggregate Demand, Aggregate Supply AND National Income (Sections 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 3 – concerns Economic Growth AND Macroeconomic objectives and policies (Sections 2.5 and 2.6).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – The UK Economy – Performance & Policies (2.1 to 2.6).
THEME 3: ‘Business Behaviour and The Labour Market’
- Paper 1 – concerns Business Growth AND Business Objectives AND Revenues, Costs & Profits (Sections 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns Market Structures (Section 3.4 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 3 – concerns Labour Market AND Government Intervention (Sections 3.5 and 3.6).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – Business Behaviour and The Labour Market (3.1 to 3.6).
Theme 4: ‘A Global Perspective’
- Paper 1 – concerns International Economics (Section 4.1 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns Poverty and Inequality AND Emerging and Developing Economies (Sections 4.2 and 4.3).
- Paper 3 – concerns The Financial Sector AND Role of the State in the Macroeconomy (Sections 4.4 and 4.5).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – A Global Perspective (4.1 to 4.5).
These Interim & End of Theme Papers:
- minimise the need for you to devise appropriate questions to test your students’ knowledge and understanding at various points throughout their Economics course.
- enable you to test students’ regularly (every 8 to 10 weeks) in a formal examination setting.
- build students’ confidence in sitting A Level and AS Economics exams early on in the course.
- identify any gaps in your students’ knowledge and understanding that need to be re-visited.
- familiarise your students with the skills examiners look for and how to secure high grades.
“As a resource to assess both knowledge development and examination skills, these papers are fantastic. They allow pupils to gain a true insight into the nature of the economics papers and has allowed me to have meaningful conversations about examination technique from a much earlier stage in the course. The mark schemes and model answers make for a package which represents great value for money. Many thanks for such useful resources.” Mark Seccombe, Pangbourne College.
“Thank you very much! Just the sort of thing I’m looking for. I think that the Economics Theme Interim and End of Theme papers are excellent.” Clare Lutwyche, Prior’s Field School.
“I think these are excellent resources – many thanks.” Mike Feven, Highgate.
Price: £65 + vat for each Theme (set of 4 Papers) for email/download. Price: £65 (£75 Paper 3) + vat for each set of 4 Mock Exam Papers for email/download (+ £2.50 for CD)
Edexcel AS AL Spec A Theme 1: 4 (Interim and Entire Theme) Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on Introduction to Markets & Market Failure £65+vat
Edexcel AS AL Spec A Theme 2: 4 (Interim and Entire Theme) Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on The UK Economy – Performance & Policies £65+vat
Edexcel AL Spec A Theme 3: 4 (Interim and Entire Theme) Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on Business Behaviour & The Labour Market £65+vat
Edexcel AL Spec A Theme 4: 4 (Interim and Entire Theme) Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on A Global Perspective £65+vat
Edexcel AL Spec A Paper 1: 4 Mock Exam Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on Markets and Business Behaviour (Theme 1 & 3) £65+vat
Edexcel AL Spec A Paper 2: 4 Mock Exam Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on The National and Global Economy (Theme 2 & 4) £65+vat
Edexcel AL Spec A Paper 3: 4 Mock Exam Papers, Mark Schemes & Answers on Microeconomics and Macroeconomics (Themes 1,2,3&4) £75+vat
Licensed for staff and up to 60 students to use, in any given year, attending the purchasing institution, ie the individual school / college.
ORDER YOUR COPY today: by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org / on line with a debit/credit card or by PayPal at www-apt-initiatives.com