APT is Currently Producing 240 Multiple Choice Questions on Markets & Market Failure
– available in Interactive PowerPoint Version AND / OR Printable Classroom Test Papers version
This resource consists of 12 sets of 20 multiple choice questions to test students’ knowledge and understanding of the subject content required to be covered for AQA AS Economics on The Operation of Markets and Market Failure. It provides teachers with flexibility over delivery as the 240 questions can be supplied as:
- interactive PowerPoint questions – for use on a computer (and intranet) for students to complete in their own time, or during class as a group exercise; AND / OR
- printable Test Paper documents – for teachers to issue to students as formal tests to complete in class, in a set time limit.
The AQA AS Economics examination for Paper 1 includes 20 multiple choice questions. This represents almost 30% (28.6%) of the total 70 marks available for this particular paper. Practice multiple choice questions should, therefore, form part of every AQA AS Economics student’s revision programme.
The APT resource contains 2 tests of 20 questions on each of the 5 subject content areas listed in the specification on the Operation of Markets and Market Failure, ie 2 tests of 20 questions on:
1. Economic methodology and the economic problem
2. Price determination in a competitive market
3. Production, costs and revenue
4. Competitive and concentrated markets
5. The market mechanism, market failure and government intervention in markets
It also contains 2 ‘end of section’ tests that can form part of a mock examination for AS Paper 1.
The resource, therefore, enables students to be tested at the end of each subject content area covered in class, as well as at the very end of their study of The Operation of Markets and Market Failure. Questions are included on every sub-topic area listed in the specification, and explanations are provided for every question posed – further helping to consolidate students’ knowledge and understanding of the subject.
Feedback received on APT’s previous multiple choice questions for AQA AS Economics:
“I have found the MC questions of great use to put on our VLE as the students get such good feedback if they are wrong.
It is a great way to test their knowledge as well as revising as they go”.
Campbell Smith, Caterham School.
“The students have found them so useful. The quality of the resources is excellent”.
Andrea Andrews, The Royal Latin School, April 2016
- Price £35+vat for the Printable Version to be published 11th October 2016
- Price £45+vat for the Interactive PowerPoints Version to be published 20th October 2016
- Price £75+vat for the Interactive PowerPoints and Printable Versions to be published 20th October 2016
(+ £2.50 for CD if required) for unlimited use at your school or college.
APT are also producing Multiple Choice Questions for Paper 2 and Paper 3 together with Mock Exam Papers for Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3. Please click HERE to see the full list of APT’s resources.