To secure Level 4 answers in the Edexcel AL Business Paper 3 exam, students need to demonstrate the following:
- Accurate and thorough knowledge and understanding, supported throughout by relevant and effective use of the business behaviour / context.
- Well-developed and logical, coherent chains of reasoning, showing a range of cause(s) and / or effect(s). Fully developed arguments.
- Quantitative and / or qualitative information used well to support judgements. A full awareness of the validity and significance of competing arguments / factors, leading to balanced comparisons, judgements and an effective conclusion that proposes a solution and / or recommendations.
(Source: Edexcel’s sample assessment material for A Level Business Paper 3)
- The more students are familiar with this year’s context on the Health and Fitness Industry, the more they will be able to support their answers with relevant and effective use of contextual examples in the Paper 3 exam.
- The more students are provided with material that enables them to discuss, consolidate and strengthen arguments on issues relating to the context, the more they are likely to present fully developed arguments (in context) in the Paper 3 exam.
- The more students are encouraged to make use of quantitative and not just qualitative information to support judgements on issues relating to the context, the more they are likely to use quantitative information to support judgements in the Paper 3 exam. With regard to this particular point, Edexcel’s sample assessment material makes it clear that students cannot secure Level 3 or 4 marks if they do not demonstrate quantitative skills to support judgements made.
To support students in demonstrating each of the above in this year’s Paper 3, APT Initiatives has produced a comprehensive pack of 6 resources. These are available for immediate despatch and can be purchased individually, or together at a heavily discounted price. Click here to access sample material, which includes extracts from each of these 6 resources.
Discounted Price for the Complete Companion: £85 + vat for email or download (+ £2.50 for CD) for unlimited use at your school or college. Order NOW for IMMEDIATE DISPATCH.
APT are experts in producing resources for pre-released contexts, themes and case studies – we have been doing this for 17 years (see extracts of feedback received below):
“Absolutely outstanding. I call this my ‘Bible’. Your resources are in a different league. It’s worth every penny! A fantastic tool that fully supports teaching and
learning and student progression in great depth and detail! Greatly appreciated! Your work is amazing!”
Laura Pickford, Heworth Grange School
“Your resource is outstanding and becomes the sole resource in my class from February to all the way to the exam day.”
Jillur Rahman, Woodbridge High School