APT’s Complete Context Companion for Edexcel AL Business Paper 3 June 2019 Exam on
the ‘Market for Holidays in the UK and Abroad’ can now be Pre-Ordered
The structure of this resource has changed in line with centre preferences and exam requirements. This year’s Complete Context Companion will be slightly different to the previous 2 years – It has been devised / updated to take into account the following:
- up-to-date research (undertaken this term) from hundreds of Edexcel centres on what they would like to see included in our companion to support the Paper 3 exam.
- up-to-date Examiner’s reports on student’s performance over the last 2 years in the Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 exam.
This year’s Companion will also be published in stages – to ensure full use can be made of the resources contained in preparation for the Paper 3 exam – It will include:
- An Introductory PowerPoint Presentation– to introduce the requirements of the Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 exam and key aspects relating to the context that students are advised to research in Edexcel’s Pre-release Material, including lessons learnt from previous examinations.
target publication date: 17th December
- Links to Relevant Research– eg to industry research booklets and posts and newspaper articles published on the Internet) – for students to independently access and read through to build up knowledge and understanding of the context.
- Information Sheets– containing key facts and figures and essential business theory relating to the context – to provide relevant research that can be drawn upon in the exam to help write balanced arguments and ensure accurate and thorough knowledge and understanding of Edexcel A Level Business specification concepts that are particularly relevant to this year’s context.
- WORKSHEETS withSTIMULUS MATERIAL and EXAM-STYLE QUESTIONS – relevant to the context – to provide students with plenty of practice in using evidence provided in stimulus material (as well as their own research findings) to write balanced arguments with logical chains of reasoning to exam-style questions – as they progress through their research of the theme and not just at the end.
- Comprehensive Answers to the above Worksheets.
target publication date of the above 4 resources: 31st January
- A Full Practice (Mock) Exam Paper – written in the same style and format as previous examinations set by Edexcel for the A Level Business Paper 3 exam, with space for students to write down their answers.
- Mark Schemes with Detailed Answersto the practice (mock) exam paper.
target publication date: 13th February
Customer Feedback on our Companions to date for the Pre-released Paper 3 Context Exam:
“Thank you so much for the amazing resources supporting Edexcel Paper 3 Context – they are a godsend.” H Bridge, March 2018
“Lots of excellent research links and relevant questions– thanks!” Phil Braithwaite, Leyton, May 2018
Thanks so much! What a pity his school did not use this – it is brilliant! Kate, Private Tutor, June 2018
“This year was a fantastic results year using your material. My business student went from a predicted Grade E to a B on her paper and was just short of an A.” Jane Wood, Tutor, 2017
Price: £79 (+ vat). For centres who hold an account with us who would like to order the resource and be invoiced (as opposed to ordering and paying for the resource online), invoices will be sent (payable within 30 days) when the first component of the Complete Context Companion is despatched to centres.
Orders can be placed:
online: direct from our website using a debit or credit card or PayPal account (click here).
Alternatively, schools / colleges can place orders (and subsequently be invoiced):
by email: email@example.com