PART 1 of APT’s Best Selling Complete Context Companion for Edexcel A Level Business is available NOW
Note: These electronic resources are ideal to use for Research and ASSESSMENT for Edexcel A Level Business students – they include a WIDE RANGE of Contextual EXAM-STYLE QUESTIONS across ALL 4 THEMES, enabling students to develop their research skills and helping with teacher assessments
The full companion contains a range of resources relating to this year’s Paper 3 Context on the Fast Food / Take-away & Restaurant Industry
The resources can also be used in future years to teach and assess students’ knowledge and understanding of a wide range of topic areas in a given context
The first part of our set of 5 resources has now been published. If you haven’t ordered your copy yet, click HERE to order and for full details.
PART 1 consists of 2 PowerPoint Presentations as follows:
- 1a Information on The Context (56 slides): This provides information on each of the 6 bullets points that students are advised to research in Edexcel’s pre-released material. It provides initial points for students to consider, research, and make notes on, in relation to each of these areas.
- 1b Information on Exam Skills (28 slides): This provides information on the typical structure and requirements of the Paper 3 exam. It explains what students are expected to demonstrate to achieve high grades, including lessons learnt from past examinations.
The full resource is published in stages and will include the following additional 6 components:
- PART 2 Revision and Research Leads Booklet – providing links to relevant research and identification of specification topics particularly relevant to this year’s context.
- PART 3 Information Sheets relating to the bullet points students are advised to research in Edexcel’s ‘Pre-release Material’– containing key facts and figures and essential business theory relating to the context – to provide relevant research that can be drawn upon when answering exam questions to help write balanced arguments and ensure accurate and thorough knowledge and understanding of Edexcel A Level Business specification concepts that are particularly relevant to this year’s context.
target publication date for the above 2 resources: end of January 2021
- PART 4a Exam Practice Worksheets with Stimulus Materialand a Wide Range of Practice Questions – relevant to the given context – to provide students with plenty of practice in using evidence provided in stimulus material (as well as their own research findings) to write balanced arguments with logical chains of reasoning to exam-style questions.
- PART 4b Comprehensive Answers to the above Worksheets.
- PART 5a A Full Practice (Mock) Exam Paper – based on the structure, style and format of recent examinations set by Edexcel for the A Level Business Paper 3 exam, with space for students to write down their answers.
- PART 5b Detailed Mark Scheme / Exemplar Answersto the practice (mock) exam paper.
target publication date for the above two sets of resources: Mid-February 2021
Customer Feedback Specific to APT’s Companions for Edexcel’s A Level Business:
“These resources always provide excellent mock exam questions or routine student assessment questions which we can use in future years” S Head
“The worksheets are fantastic – a brilliant new addition for this year and my students (and me) are loving them” C Lutwyche.
“Many thanks – Excellent resources” Jonathan Maynard.
“Your hard work on these research tasks is very much appreciated, I couldn’t prepare the students as well as we do without your excellent resources” B Moore.
“Thank you so much for the amazing resources supporting Edexcel Paper 3 Context – they are a godsend.” H Bridge.
“Lots of excellent research links and relevant questions– thanks!” Phil Braithwaite, Leyton.
Thanks so much! What a pity his school did not use this – it is brilliant! Kate, Private Tutor.
“This year was a fantastic results year using your material. My business student went from a predicted Grade E to a B on her paper and was just short of an A.” Jane Wood.
Price: £89. Centres may order the resource and be invoiced (as opposed to ordering and paying for the resource online). Invoices will be sent when the first component of the Complete Context Companion is despatched to centres.
online: direct from our website using a debit or credit card or PayPal account (click here).
Alternatively, schools / colleges can place orders (and subsequently be invoiced):