200 Multiple Choice Questions with Supporting Explanations for AQA AS Economics SECTION 2 (The National Economy in a Global Context) – Printable Tests AND / OR Interactive PowerPoints
From £45.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email email@example.com.
This resource consists of 10 sets of 20 multiple choice questions with supporting explanations, which test and consolidate students’ knowledge and understanding of the subject content required to be covered for Section 2 of the AQA AS Economics Specification (published in 2014, for first teaching from 2015), upon which the AS Paper 2 examination is based.
The questions are structured to enable students to be tested at regular intervals throughout their study of The National Economy in a Global Context, ie at the end of each topic and at the very end of this section of the AS specification.
The questions are supplied as:
- Printable Test Papers – for teachers to issue to students as formal tests to complete in class, in a set time; AND / OR
- Interactive PowerPoint Questions – for use on a computer (and private network / intranet) – for students to complete in their own time, or during class as a group exercise.
The AQA AS Level Economics examination for Paper 2 includes 20 multiple choice questions. This represents almost 30% (28.6%) of the total 70 marks available for this particular paper. Therefore, practice multiple choice questions should form part of every AQA AS Level Economics student’s revision programme.
240 Multiple Choice Questions are also available for AQA AS Economics Section 1 (Paper 1).
Questions are included on every topic and sub-topic area listed in Section 2 of the AQA AS Economics specification (published in 2014, for first teaching from 2015) and supporting explanations are provided for every question posed – helping to consolidate students’ knowledge and understanding.
In detail the resource comprises the following:
8 (4 x 2) ‘End of Topic’ Multiple Choice Tests:
The resource includes 2 sets of 20 questions with supporting explanations on each of the 4 subject content areas listed in Section 2 of the AQA AS Economics specification. Therefore, it contains 2 sets of 20 multiple choice questions on each of the following numbered sections:
- The measurement of macroeconomic performance
- How the macroeconomy works: the circular flow of income, AS/AS analysis, and related concepts
- Economic performance
- Macroeconomic policy
2 ‘End of Section’ Multiple Choice Tests:
The resource also contains 2 ‘end of section’ tests on any aspect of The National Economy in a Global Context. These could form part of a mock examination for AS Paper 2.
These ‘end of section’ papers reflect the sample assessment material produced by AQA for AS Paper 2:
- The majority of the questions assess students’ knowledge and understanding.
- A significant proportion also test students’ ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to various economic contexts, to show how economic agents are affected by and respond to economic issues.
- APT's MCQs for AQA AS & A Level Economics
“The students have found them so useful. The quality of the resources is excellent”. Andrea Andrews, The Royal Latin School.
"I have found the MC questions of great use to put on our VLE as the students get such good feedback if they are wrong. It is a great way to test their knowledge as well as revising as they go". Campbell Smith, Caterham School.