4 Practice (Mock) Exam Papers for AQA A Level Economics PAPER 1 Markets and Market Failure
From £57.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email email@example.com.
4 practice papers for AQA’s A Level Economics Paper 1 examination, including detailed mark schemes / example model answers.
- enable students to be formally tested, upon completion of their study of Markets and Market Failure (Section 4.1 of the AQA A Level Economics Specification).
- cover a wide range of topics on this section of the specification (published in 2014, for first teaching from 2015).
- have been written by a senior examiner for multiple examination boards and experienced teacher of AS and A Level Economics.
Practice (Mock) Exam Papers are also available for Paper 2 and Paper 3.
Structure, Style and Format:
The structure, style and format of each paper is based on the specimen assessment material produced by AQA for A Level Economics Paper 1 (published in 2014, for first teaching from 2015). Therefore, each 2 hour paper carries 80 marks and contains 2 sections, as follows:
- Section A carries 40 marks and comprises data response questions. Students select one set of questions from a choice of two contexts.
- Section B carries 40 marks and comprises essay questions. Students select one set of two questions (essays) from a choice of three sets of two questions (essays).
The questions provide students with exam practice across AQA’s 4 A Level assessment objectives. Marks are weighted according to AQA’s requirements at A Level.
For questions carrying high marks, detailed example model answers:
- are written in paragraphs, instead of a list of relevant points anticipated to be raised in the answer.
- contain a range of comments which attract a mark.
- include annotations that show where individual assessment objectives have been demonstrated: ‘Kn’ is used for knowledge, ‘Ap’ for application, ‘An’ for analysis and ‘Ev’ for evaluation.
Download Sample Material
- Latest feedback
"I have been very pleased with the economics resources; they are good value for money, relevant and accessible to students of all abilities. I look forward to seeing what else you are looking to publish in the future". Martin Grisley, Northampton School for Boys