4 Practice (Mock) Exam Papers for Edexcel A Level Economics (Spec A) PAPER 3 Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
From £75.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 practice papers for Edexcel’s A Level Economics A Paper 3 examination, with detailed mark schemes / example model answers.
- enable students to be formally tested, upon completion of their study of all four Themes.
- cover a wide range of topics relating to these 4 themes / the entire specification.
- have been written by a senior examiner for multiple examination boards and experienced teacher of AS and A Level Economics.
Practice (Mock) Exam Papers are also available for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Structure, Style and Format:
The structure, style and format of each paper is based on the sample assessment material produced by Edexcel for A Level Economics A Paper 3 (which concerns Themes 1, 2 3 and 4). Therefore, each 2 hour paper carries 100 marks and contains 2 sections – Section A and Section B. In both sections:
- Students answer the first three question parts (a) to (c) and then one question from parts (d) or (e).
- The first 3 questions (a-c) typically require students to make use of specified extracts and / or data provided.
- The remaining questions (a choice of d or e) require students to make use of information from any of these extracts or data provided in order to produce a more extended ‘open-response’ answer.
The questions provide students with exam practice across Edexcel’s 4 assessment objectives, according to Edexcel’s requirements at A Level. Therefore, between 20 and 30% of the marks are allocated to each assessment objective within each paper ie knowledge and understanding (A01), application (A02), analysis (A03), and evaluation (A04).
The question papers include appropriate spacing for students to write down their answers.
For questions worth 12 or more marks, where ‘Level Descriptors’ are used to mark student’s answers, the answers:
- are written in paragraphs, instead of a list of relevant points anticipated to be raised in the answer.
- cite evaluation immediately after the other 3 assessment objectives, instead of separately. This makes it easy to follow answers through to their completion and mark students’ work.
- contain a range of comments which attract a mark.
- include annotations that show where individual assessment objectives have been met: ‘Kn’ is used for knowledge and understanding, ‘Ap’ for application, ‘An’ for analysis and ‘Ev’ for evaluation.
- APTs Practice Papers - Edexcel A Level Economics
“Excellent resources!” Michael Feven, Highgates School
“I already downloaded and delivered to my students Paper 1 and I have to tell you I was very impressed. I use another company but yours is on another level.” Elena Themistocleous
“We have been impressed with your Economics resources (Edexcel A-Level), which we have made good use of this year.” Will Pierce, Suffolk One
“These resources look fantastic!” Matthew Hartley, Bourne Grammar School
“We are looking at getting your mock papers to support the use of the individual theme papers which have been so useful throughout the course.” Mark Seccombe, Pangbourne