540 Multiple Choice Questions with Supporting Explanations for AQA A-level Economics (Entire Specification) – Printable Tests AND / OR Interactive PowerPoints
From £135.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This resource consists of 18 sets of 30 multiple choice questions with supporting explanations, which test and consolidate students’ knowledge and understanding of the subject content required to be covered for AQA A-level Economics. The questions are structured to enable students to be tested at regular intervals throughout the course, ie at the end of each topic, at the end of each section, and at the very end of the course.
The questions are supplied as:
- Printable Test Papers – for teachers to issue to students as formal tests to complete in class, in a set time; AND / OR
- Interactive PowerPoint Questions – for use on a computer (and private network / intranet) – for students to complete in their own time, or during class as a group exercise.
The AQA A-level Economics examination for Paper 3 includes 30 multiple choice questions. This represents close to 40% (37.5%) of the total 80 marks available for this particular paper. Practice multiple choice questions should, therefore, form part of every AQA A-level Economics student’s revision programme.
440 Multiple Choice Questions are also available for AQA AS Economics (240 on Section 1 and 200 on Section 2).
Questions are included on every topic and sub-topic area listed in the specification and supporting explanations are provided for every question posed – helping to consolidate students’ knowledge and understanding.
In detail the resource comprises the following tests:
14 ‘End of Topic’ Multiple Choice Tests:
The resource includes a set of 30 questions with supporting explanations on each of the 14 subject content areas listed in the AQA A-level Economics specification. Therefore, it contains 30 multiple choice questions on each of the following numbered sections:
Individuals, firms, markets and market failure:
- Economic methodology and the economic problem
- Individual economic decision making
- Price determination in a competitive market
- Production, costs and revenue
- Perfect competition, imperfectly competitive markets and monopoly
- The labour market
- The distribution of income and wealth: poverty and inequality
- The market mechanism, market failure and government intervention in markets
The national and international economy:
- The measurement of macroeconomic performance
- How the macroeconomy works : the circular flow of income, AD/AS analysis, and related concepts
- Economic performance
- Financial markets and monetary policy
- Fiscal policy and supply-side policies
- The international economy
2 ‘End of Section’ Multiple Choice Tests:
The resource also contains:
- a set of 30 questions testing aspects relating to Individuals, Firms, Markets and Market Failure.
- a set of 30 questions testing aspects relating to The National and International Economy.
2 ‘End of Specification’ Multiple Choice Tests:
The resource also contains:
- 2 final tests of 30 questions on any aspect of the AQA A-level Economics specification. These could form part of a mock examination for A-level Paper 3: Economic Principles and Issues.
These ‘final test’ papers reflect the sample assessment material produced by AQA for this paper:
- The majority of the questions assess students’ knowledge and understanding.
- A significant proportion also test students’ ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to various economic contexts, to show how economic agents are affected by and respond to economic issues.
Download Sample Material
- APT's MCQs for AQA AS and A-level Economics
“The students have found them so useful. The quality of the resources is excellent”. Andrea Andrews, The Royal Latin School
"I have found the MC questions of great use to put on our VLE as the students get such good feedback if they are wrong. It is a great way to test their knowledge as well as revising as they go". Campbell Smith, Caterham School
"We are enjoying the question bank resource!" Mr P Sheppard, Head of Economics, King Edward VI School