apt4Maths: PowerPoint Presentation on Algebraic Manipulation – Collecting Like Terms – for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
(VAT will be calculated at checkout)
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the 2nd PowerPoint Presentation only of the full set of 8 PowerPoint Presentations on Algebraic Manipulation for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Maths. This PowerPoint explains how to simplify expressions by collecting ‘like’ terms together.
The full set of 8 PowerPoint Presentations on Algebraic Manipulation can be purchased from www.apt-initiatives.com
The full set of 8 PowerPoint Presentations on Algebraic Manipulation (135 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following topics:
- 01 Algebraic Conventions (12 slides): Defines terms used in algebra (expression, equation, terms, co-efficient) and explains algebraic conventions.
- 02 Collecting Like Terms (7 slides): Explains how to simplify expressions by collecting ‘like’ terms together. INCLUDED in this download
- 03 Simplifying (11 slides): Reviews algebraic terminology and algebraic conventions and explains how to simplify expressions that involve multiplication and division.
- 04 Expanding Brackets (21 slides): Reviews BIDMAS and explains how to expand single-bracketed expressions, double-bracketed expressions, and (for higher tier only) triple-bracketed expressions.
- 05 Factorising (28 slides): Explains how to factorise linear and quadratic expressions.
- 06 Substitution (11 slides): Explains how to substitute numbers for letters into algebraic expressions and formulae, and then evaluate.
- 07 Rearranging Formulae (25 slides): Explains how to rearrange formulae (aka how to change the subject of a formula).
- 08 Identities and Proofs (20 slides): Explains the difference between an equation and an identity, and explains how to find counter-examples, and how to set out formal proofs.