apt4Maths: PowerPoint Presentation on Equations and Inequalities – Solving Quadratic Equations by Factorisation – for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
(VAT will be calculated at checkout)
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email email@example.com.
This is the 5th PowerPoint Presentation only of the full set of 14 PowerPoint Presentations on Equations and Inequalities for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Maths. This PowerPoint explains how to solve quadratic equations by factorising.
The full set of 14 PowerPoint Presentations on Equations and Inequalities can be purchased from www.apt-initiatives.com
The full set of 14 PowerPoint Presentations on Equations and Inequalities (208 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following topics:
- 01 Linear Equations – Simple (20 slides): Explains how to solve simple linear equations by finding missing values in calculations, using function machines and their inverses, and using a balance.
- 02 Linear Equations – Unknowns Both Sides (9 slides): Explains how to solve linear equations with unknowns on both sides of the equal sign.
- 03 Linear Equations – Brackets (11 slides): Reviews expanding brackets before explaining how to solve linear equations that involve brackets.
- 04 Solving Equations – Trial & Improvement (13 slides): Explains how to solve equations involving powers, using the method of trial and improvement.
- 05 Quadratic Equations – Factorising (10 slides): Explains how to solve quadratic equations by factorising. INCLUDED in this download
- 06 Quadratic Equations – Completing Square (9 slides): Explains how to solve quadratic equations by completing the square.
- 07 Quadratic Equations – Using Formula (10 slides): Explains how to solve quadratic equations by using the formula.
- 08 Iterative Methods (15 slides): Explains how to find approximate solutions to equations using iterative methods.
- 09 Simultaneous Equations – Using Graphs (19 slides): Reviews prior knowledge of co-ordinates and lines of equations before explaining how to solve simultaneous equations by plotting their graphs.
- 10 Simultaneous Equations – Elimination (18 slides): Explains how to solve simultaneous equations by elimination.
- 11 Simultaneous Equations -Substitution (21 slides): Explains how to solve simultaneous equations (including those involving a quadratic equation) by substitution.
- 12 Inequalities (23 slides): Reviews the symbols for inequalities before explaining how to represent inequalities on number lines and as regions on a graph.
- 13 Inequations (16 slides): Explains how to solve linear inequations, double inequalities, and (for higher tier only) quadratic inequations.
- 14 Expressions & Equations (14 slides): Explains how to formulate expressions and how to formulate equations to solve.