apt4Maths: PowerPoint Presentation on Probability – Introduction to Terminology and Values – for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
(VAT will be calculated at checkout)
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the 1st PowerPoint Presentation only of the full set of 6 PowerPoint Presentations on Probability for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Maths. This PowerPoint reviews probability terms and explains the range of probability values.
The full set of 6 PowerPoint Presentations on Probability can be purchased from www.apt-initiatives.com
The full set of 6 PowerPoint Presentations on Probability (92 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following topics:
- 01 Introduction – Terminology & Values (9 slides): Reviews probability terms and explains the range of probability values. INCLUDED in this download
- 02 Simple Probability (14 slides): Explains how to calculate simple probability, what is meant by ‘mutually exclusive’ and how to calculate the probability of something NOT happening.
- 03 Expected Outcomes & Relative Frequency (14 slides): Explains how to calculate the number of times you expect something to occur, how to express relative frequency as an estimate for probability, and how to look out for bias.
- 04 Outcomes (19 slides): Explains how to document outcomes for single and multiple events using listing or two-way tables or possibility space diagrams, and how to summarise outcomes using frequency trees and two-way tables, as well as how to calculate the number of combinations or arrangements of objects in different situations.
- 05 Tree Diagrams, OR and AND (16 slides): Explains how to create and use tree diagrams, what is meant by ‘dependent’ and ‘independent’ events, and the formulae for the ‘OR’ and ‘AND’ rules.
- 06 Venn Diagrams, Set Notation & Conditional Probability (20 slides): Explains set notation, how to create and use Venn Diagrams and (for higher tier students) how to find conditional probability.