Complete Context Companion for Edexcel A Level Business PAPER 3 (Investigating Business in a Competitive Environment) – 2019 Exam
From £89.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email email@example.com.
APT are experts in producing resources for pre-released contexts, themes and case studies. We have been doing this for 19 years. This Complete Context Companion includes ALL of our 6 resources for the Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 Context 2019 exam (see below).
The author, Claire Baker, is an experienced teacher, examiner, author and the owner and Managing Director of APT. She has taught Business from ages 11 to 19 and has been an Examiner, Principal Examiner and Reviser for Business and Business related courses for a leading awarding body.
The resource for the June 2019 exam can be pre-ordered now. It will be published within 12 weeks of Edexcel releasing the pre-released context. The estimated publication date is mid to end of February (2019).
The 6 Components:
- 6 PowerPoint presentations (for teachers) – to introduce the Paper 3 exam context to students, as well as key aspects relating to the context that students are advised to research in Edexcel’s ‘Pre-release Material’ for this June’s (2019) exam.
- Step by Step Research Tasks (for students), with links to relevant articles and points to consider. These encourage students to undertake their own research, analysis and revision, in preparation for this year’s Paper 3 exam, in a structured manner. They cover each of the bullet points detailed in Edexcel’s ‘Pre-release Material’ for the 2019 Paper 3 exam. Answers to questions posed in these tasks can be found in the ‘Detailed Investigation into the Context for Teachers’, as well as the ‘Essential Revision Summaries for Students’ (see below).
- Detailed Investigation into the Context (for teachers). This contains in-depth knowledge, evidence, analytical and evaluative comment where applicable, on each aspect advised to be researched in Edexcel’s ‘Pre-release Material’ for the 2019 Paper 3 exam. It includes extracts of relevant articles so there is no having to click on ‘this link here’ and ‘that link there’ to access relevant research.
- Essential Revision Summaries (for students). These contain relevant knowledge, evidence, and analytical and evaluative comment where applicable, on each aspect advised to be researched in Edexcel’s ‘Pre-release Material’ for the 2019 Paper 3 exam. They are a more condensed version of the ‘Detailed Investigation into the Context for Teachers’ (and includes answers to questions posed in the ‘Research Tasks for Students’). They should, ideally be given to students after they have independently undertaken research into the context (using the ‘Step by Step Research Tasks’) and before the Mock Examination paper (see below).
- Mock exam paper (for students). This is written the same style and format as previous examinations set by Edexcel for the A Level Business Paper 3 exam. It includes space for students to write down their answers.
- Mark scheme (for teachers) with detailed answers to the mock exam paper. Answers are provided in paragraph form, rather than a list of relevant points anticipated to be raised in the answer.
3 Key Reasons to Invest in APT’s Complete Context Companions:
- A wide range of contextual examples, which are vital to secure high grades: High level answers can only be obtained in the Paper 3 exam if answers are ‘supported throughout by relevant and effective use of the business behaviour / context’. APT’s Detailed Investigation into the Context (for teachers) and more condensed Essential Revision Summaries (for students) are full of contextual examples that students can instantly draw upon when time is limited in the exam, to provide contextual answers to questions set. This is vital to secure high grades.
- A highly useful revision aid for Paper 3, but also for Paper 1 and Paper 2: APT’s Detailed Investigation into the Context (for teachers) and more condensed Essential Revision Summaries (for students), as well as Mock Exam Paper, Mark Scheme and Detailed Model Answers, cover a wide range of topics relating to all four themes. Hence, APT’s Complete Context Companion is not just relevant to Paper 3 but also provides highly useful revision for Paper 1 and for Paper 2.
- A bank of interesting and varied stimulus material that can be used in future years: APT’s Detailed Investigation into the Context (for teachers) is packed full of information, including extracts of articles that are not just relevant to this year’s Paper 3 exam, but can also be used to launch and discuss specification topics with students in future years to come.
Download Sample Material
- APT's Companion 2018
“Thank you so much for the amazing resources supporting Edexcel Paper 3 Context – they are a godsend." H Bridge, March 2018
"Lots of excellent research links and relevant questions- thanks!" Phil Braithwaite, Leyton, May 2018
Thanks so much! What a pity his school did not use this - it is brilliant! Kate, Private Tutor, June 2018
- APT's Companion 2017
“I purchased the Essential Revision Summaries and Mock Paper – Excellent preparation for the exam. On the strength of this I will also be ordering your materials for AQA Economics. Thanks and appreciate your excellent work." D Gratton, June 2017
“The Detailed Investigation is brilliant. How much to upgrade to the full package?” P Vicary, March 2017