Complete Context Companion for Edexcel A Level Business PAPER 3 June 2020 / October Resit Exam on the Market for Entertainment
£85.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s Complete Context Companion for Edexcel’s Paper 3 Exam (Investigating Business in a Competitive Environment) includes:
- An Introductory PowerPoint Presentation (61 slides) – to launch the June 2020 / October Resit Paper 3 exam and Edexcel’s Pre-release Material to students, including lessons learnt from previous examinations.
- Revision & Research Leads Booklet – links to relevant research and identification of specification topics particularly relevant to this year’s context.
- Information Sheets (67 pages) – key facts and figures and essential business theory relating to the context.
- Exam Practice Worksheets – with stimulus material and a range of practice questions (44 questions) including Comprehensive Answers to the questions posed.
- A Full Practice (Mock) Exam Paper, with Detailed Mark Schemes / Answers.
Further detail on each of these resources is provided under Product Information below.
Since the June 2018 exam, this Complete Context Companion has been devised / updated to take into account the following:
- research undertaken from hundreds of Edexcel centres on what they would like to see included in our companion to support the Paper 3 exam.
- up-to-date Examiner’s reports on student’s performance over the last 3 years in the Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 exam.
The author – our Director Claire Baker – is a highly experienced teacher, examiner and author of hundreds of A Level Business resources, used by thousands of teachers and students across the UK and overseas. She is highly familiar with Edexcel A Level (and GCSE) Business mark schemes, investing in CPD to ensure up-to-date, accurate knowledge and understanding of the requirements of this particular specification.
To launch the June 2020 / October Resit Paper 3 exam:
- PART 1: An Introductory PowerPoint Presentation (61 slides) – to introduce the requirements of the Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 exam, including lessons learnt from previous examinations, and key aspects relating to this year’s context – the market for entertainment – that students are advised to research in Edexcel’s Pre-release Material.
This PowerPoint (published 19th December 2019) comprises the following sections:
- OVERVIEW: provides an overview of what the Paper 3 Exam concerns / involves in general. (4 slides)
- STRUCTURE: outlines the typical structure of the exam paper. (2 slides)
- REQUIREMENTS: explains what students are required to demonstrate to achieve high grades, including lessons learnt from the last three Paper 3 examinations. (17 slides)
- PREPARATION: outlines what students should be doing to prepare for the exam, in terms of revision and research into this year’s context. (7 slides)
- THE 2020 CONTEXT: details the 8 key areas students are advised to research in Edexcel’s pre-release brief (2 slides) and provides initial points for students to consider, research and make notes on in relation to these areas. (29 slides)
It is estimated it will take at least 60 minutes to present this information to students, or for students to read through and digest independently.
To develop sound knowledge and understanding of the 2020 context:
- PART 2: Revision and Research Leads Booklet: providing links to relevant research that can be accessed freely on the Internet, for students to independently undertake prior research into the 2020 context, as well as identifying topics in the Edexcel A Level Specification that are considered particularly relevant to this context.
- PART 3: Information Sheets (67 pages) on each of the 8 bullet points students are advised to research in Edexcel’s ‘Pre-release Material’:
The above 2 resources (published on 27th January 2020) focus on providing students with a bank of relevant information they can draw upon in the exam to help write well-contextualised answers and present balanced arguments, both of which are crucial to secure high grades.
After studying each (bulleted) area students are advised to research in this year’s Edexcel’s Pre-release Material:
- PART 4 (a and b): EXAM PRACTICE WORKSHEETS containing stimulus material relating to 20 different businesses relevant to the context, and a wide range of questions (44 questions), with space for students to write down their answers, and comprehensive answers to the questions posed. The questions largely consist of 8, 10, 12 and 20 mark questions, but also include some 2, 3 and 4-mark short-answer / calculation questions. Questions cover a wide range of specification topics across all four themes.
- PART 5 (a and b): A FULL PRACTICE (MOCK) EXAM PAPER – based on the structure, style and format of recent examinations set by Edexcel (at the time of writing) for the A Level Business Paper 3 exam, with space for students to write down their answers, including mark schemes / detailed answers to the questions posed. Questions are included that touch upon all four themes.
These two sets of resources (published 13 February 2020) help to build students’ confidence in answering questions relating to the context and, in particular, develop their understanding and appreciation of the type of answers required and the skills they need to demonstrate to secure high grades. Although the stimulus material is based on the 2020 Paper 3 context, these resources provide highly useful revision and relevant exam practice for Paper 1 and Paper 2, for this year’s exams and beyond.
- APT's Companion 2019
"The worksheets are fantastic - a brilliant new addition for this year and my students (and me) are loving them" C Lutwyche, March 2019
"Many thanks - Excellent resources" Jonathan Maynard, March 2019
"Your hard work on these research tasks is very much appreciated, I couldn’t prepare the students as well as we do without your excellent resources" B Moore, January 2019
- APT's Companion 2018
“Thank you so much for the amazing resources supporting Edexcel Paper 3 Context – they are a godsend." H Bridge, March 2018
"Lots of excellent research links and relevant questions- thanks!" Phil Braithwaite, Leyton, May 2018
Thanks so much! What a pity his school did not use this - it is brilliant! Kate, Private Tutor, June 2018
- APT's Companion 2017
“I purchased the Essential Revision Summaries and Mock Paper – Excellent preparation for the exam. On the strength of this I will also be ordering your materials for AQA Economics. Thanks and appreciate your excellent work." D Gratton, June 2017
“The Detailed Investigation is brilliant. How much to upgrade to the full package?” P Vicary, March 2017