Digital e-Learning Companions for Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Business – THEME 1 and THEME 2
From £119.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Benefits / Reasons to Invest in this Resource:
- Develops strong subject knowledge – Precise, easy to understand explanations on every topic and sub-topic listed in the specification (260+ pages).
- Cements subject knowledge and supports students in mastering each topic – through a highly comprehensive range of end of topic questions.
- Complete and thorough coverage of all examinable subject content – Explanations (and questions) closely follow the detail of the specification, as well as including additional content referenced in Edexcel’s Content Guidance, Scheme of Work and Sample Assessment Material (published at the time of writing).
- Eliminates the expense of investing in textbooks – Licensed for use by staff and students attending the purchasing institution, in both digital and / or printed form (including photocopying).
- Supports learning both inside and outside of the classroom – Can be uploaded to a private school / college network or VLE; Ideal for independent learning as well as to develop, clarify, consolidate and test student’s knowledge and understanding of topics covered in class.
- Written by a highly experienced, trusted author and entrepreneur – with 24 years’ experience in business education, including teaching, examining, writing and revising.
- Hard copy versions of this resource – APT’s Essential Knowledge Handbooks for Students for Theme 1 and for Theme 2 – are also available to purchase direct from APT’s website (currently in units of 10 or more).
The material for each Theme is divided into 5 main sections and 20 sub-sections, which match the topics and sub-topics of the Specification (published in 2016, for first teaching in 2017).
There are 268 pages (134 on Theme 1 and 134 on Theme 2) providing complete coverage of the subject content. (Note: The hard copy student Handbook versions provide space on each page which students can write on, next to the text, if they wish to highlight any points / make additional notes).
At the beginning of each sub-section there is a summary of what students need to learn. These summaries, and the explanations that follow, take into account Edexcel’s specification, content guidance, scheme of work and sample assessment material (published at the time of writing) – to ensure all examinable subject content is covered.
Explanations are sufficiently detailed to enable students to grasp the essential theory required with minimum teacher assistance.
‘Essential Knowledge Checklists’ are provided at the end of each sub-section (sub-topic). These comprise a wide range of exam-style questions which students can work through and answer using the in-depth explanations provided, which teachers can also set as homework, or as more formal tests in class.
Key terms are signposted throughout, and a detailed index is provided – to enable the reader to quickly access the information they require.
The author, Claire Baker, is an experienced teacher, examiner, author and the founder and Managing Director of APT Initiatives Ltd. Having previously worked in industry, she has taught Business from ages 11 to 19 and has been an Examiner, Principal Examiner and Reviser for Business and Business related courses for a leading awarding body.