apt4Maths: PowerPoint Presentation on Fractions – Equivalent Fractions – for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
(VAT will be calculated at checkout)
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the 3rd PowerPoint Presentation only of the full set of 13 PowerPoint Presentations on Fractions for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Maths. This PowerPoint explains how to find equivalent fractions and to cancel fractions down.
The full set of 13 PowerPoint Presentations on Fractions can be purchased from www.apt-initiatives.com
The full set of 13 PowerPoint Presentations on Fractions (143 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following fraction-based topics:
- 01 Fractions – The Basics (12 slides): Explains how to recognise fractions – proper, improper, and mixed numbers, how to write fractions correctly, and how to express what fraction of a shape is shaded or unshaded.
- 02 Converting between Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions (15 slides): Explains how to convert between mixed numbers and improper fractions.
- 03 Equivalent Fractions (9 slides): Explains how to find equivalent fractions and to cancel fractions down. INCLUDED in this download
- 04 Express as Fractions (9 slides): Explains how to express one value as a fraction of another.
- 05 Comparing and Ordering Fractions (21 slides): Reviews equivalent fractions and introduces fraction to decimal conversions in order to compare fractions or put them in size order.
- 06 Recurring Decimals to Fractions (10 slides): Explains, using algebra, how to convert a recurring decimal to a fraction.
- 07 Adding and Subtracting Fractions (13 slides): Explains how to add and subtract fractions, including mixed numbers.
- 08 Multiplying with Fractions (10 slides): Explains how to multiply fractions by whole numbers, and how to multiply fractions by fractions (including mixed numbers).
- 09 Dividing with Fractions (8 slides): Explains how to divide fractions by whole numbers, how to divide whole numbers by fractions, and how to divide fractions by fractions (including mixed numbers).
- 10 Fractions of Quantities (10 slides): Explains how to calculate fractions of quantities, and revises multiplying fractions by fractions.
- 11 Fractional Change (8 slides): Explains how to increase or decrease a quantity by a fraction of itself.
- 12 Solving Reverse Fraction Problems (8 slides): Explains how to find the original value when given the increased or decreased value. It also revises dividing by fractions.
- 13 Algebraic Fractions (10 slides): Revises algebraic manipulation and explains how to apply the skills learnt regarding calculations with fractions (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing) to solving problems involving algebraic fractions.