apt4Maths: PowerPoint Presentation on Percentages for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
(VAT will be calculated at checkout)
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the 1st PowerPoint Presentation only of the full set of 7 PowerPoint Presentations on Percentages for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Maths. This PowerPoint reviews the meaning of percent(age) and explains how to find what percentage of a diagram is shaded.
The full set of 7 PowerPoint Presentations on Percentages can be purchased from www.apt-initiatives.com
The full set of 7 PowerPoint Presentations on Percentages (93 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following percentage-based topics:
- 01 Percentages – An Introduction (9 slides): Reviews the meaning of percent(age) and explains how to find what percentage of a diagram is shaded. INCLUDED in this download
- 02 FDP Conversions (16 slides): Reviews expressing as a fraction, finding equivalent fractions, cancelling fractions down and that the line in a fraction tells you to divide. Explains how to convert between fractions, decimals and percentages.
- 03 Express as a Percentage (17 slides): Explains how to express one value as a percentage of another using equivalent fractions or a calculator.
- 04 Percentages of Amounts (13 slides): Explains how to calculate percentages of amounts with and without a calculator.
- 05 Percentage Changes (11 slides): Reviews terminology: per annum, simple and compound interest, appreciation and depreciation. Explains how to calculate the end result after a percentage increase or decrease using the ‘add on / take off’ method, as well as the ‘multiplier’ method.
- 06 Compound Percentages (12 slides): Explains how to calculate the end result after a number of percentage increases or decreases have taken place.
- 07 Reverse Percentages (15 slides): Explains how to find the original value given the end value and the percentage increase or decrease that was applied.