18 Exam Practice Worksheets (22+ Questions) for Edexcel A Level Business with Key Terms, Stimulus Material, Questions and Detailed Answers – Relating to The Market for Holidays (the 2019 Paper 3 Context)
From £45.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This resource consists of 18 worksheets containing key terms and stimulus material concerning over 10 different businesses operating in the Market for Holidays and a range of questions (27 including additional points to consider) with space for students to write down their answers, and comprehensive answers to the questions posed. Although the material was originally prepared for the June 2019 Paper 3 context exam, the material included provides highly useful revision and relevant exam practice for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
The main author – our Director Claire Baker – is a highly experienced teacher, examiner and author of hundreds of A Level Business resources, used by thousands of teachers and students across the UK and overseas. She is highly familiar with Edexcel A Level (and GCSE) Business mark schemes, investing in CPD to ensure up-to-date, accurate knowledge and understanding of the requirements of this particular specification.
The questions largely consist of 8, 10, 12 and 20 mark questions, but also include some additional questions and points to consider where relevant.
The 8, 10, 12 and 20 mark questions and mark scheme (level descriptors) are based on the structure, style and format of recent examinations set by Edexcel (at the time of writing the resource) for the A Level Business Paper 3 exam.
Questions cover a wide range of specification topics across all four themes (see below).
Answers are provided in paragraph form, rather than a list of relevant points anticipated to be raised in the answer.
Answers typically contain a range of examples of comments which can earn high marks in relation to the question set.
The questions relate to a range of topics on the Edexcel A Level Business Specification as follows:
- Theme 1: Market research, segmentation and positioning, Demand (seasonality), Supply (changes in costs, external shocks), PED, IED, Design mix, Branding and promotion (benefits, ways to build), Pricing strategies, Distribution (online), Marketing strategies (appropriate for different types of market – mass and niche; how businesses develop customer loyalty), Approaches to staffing (flexible workforce – part-time and temporary), Training, Motivation in theory and practice, Forms of business (partnership; stock market flotation), Business choices.
- Theme 2: External finance (Methods – leasing), Liability (implications of unlimited), Business failure, Quality management (for competitive advantage), Economic influences (effect of inflation, interest rates, business cycle), Legislation (effect of employee protection), The competitive environment.
- Theme 3: Theories of corporate strategy (achieving competitive advantage through distinctive capabilities), Impact of external influences, Growth (objectives of growth; problems arising from growth), Takeovers (reasons for), Business ethics (CSR), Human resources.
- Theme 4: Global competitiveness (through differentiation), The impact of MNCs (on the local economy), Ethics (stakeholder conflicts, environmental considerations).
- Clare Lutwyche, March 2019
"The worksheets are fantastic - a brilliant new addition for this year and my students (and me) are loving them."
- H Bridge, March 2018
“Thank you so much for the amazing resources supporting Edexcel Paper 3 Context – they are a godsend."