Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply when trading with us (APT Initiatives Ltd). In addition to these Terms and Conditions please read through our Privacy Notice before ordering any of our products or services and / or undertaking any of the following activities: registering an interest in our products or services, requesting sample material, completing customer surveys, providing feedback.
APT Initiatives Ltd – Terms and Conditions of Trading
- Orders can be made online via our website (www.apt-initiatives.com), by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (01952 540877) or post (Millstone Lodge, Eaton Upon Tern, Market Drayton, Shropshire, TF9 2BX). Telephone orders may be accepted at the discretion of an authorised official of APT Initiatives Ltd. It is advisable, however, for all orders other than those made online via our website, to be sent / confirmed in writing – by email, fax or post.
- For products purchased and instantly downloaded from our website (or sent by email), there is no postage and packaging charge. For products ordered on CD, an additional charge of £3.50 (per CD) applies. For all printed books, a postage and packaging charge will apply, which will vary according to the weight and quantity of books ordered and where items are required to be delivered (ie in the UK or overseas). NB If products are ordered via download or email, but the receiving server rejects the email, or will not allow access to the download or email attachment, and items ordered have to be distributed on CD (or in hard copy format), the relevant postage and packaging charge will apply.
- Unless stated otherwise, all our publications are zero rated. VAT at 20% is, however, applicable on our staff and student courses, seminars and conferences. Our VAT registration no. is 815 7506 26.
- In the case of pre-orders for resources not yet published, target publication dates for these resources are provided on our website. These publication dates may occasionally change as a result of unforeseen, uncontrollable factors. As the original target publication date approaches, customers are advised to check the website and to contact us with any concerns regarding revised dates. If a target publication date has been put back and is no longer considered suitable, you have the right to cancel your order and, in the case of a pre-payment, to request a full refund, prior to the goods being despatched. Refunds cannot be issued once the goods have been despatched.
- Unless an account is held with us, payment for all products and services should be made in advance (excepting clause 6 below) via the website, or by BACS, or by cheque made payable to ‘APT Initiatives Ltd’ and posted to Millstone Lodge, Eaton Upon Tern, Market Drayton, Shropshire, TF9 2BX.
- Where payment is not made on-line / in advance, an official purchase order number must be provided where the purchasing institution requires this, and an invoice will be sent direct to the purchasing institution’s accounts / finance department.
- All orders for products already published will be despatched within 5 working days of receiving the order (unless otherwise stated).
- Products are not supplied on an ‘inspection first’ basis. To help potential customers make appropriate purchasing decisions, detailed information including sample material (in the majority of cases), is provided on our website (https://www.apt-initiatives.com/), or upon request via email (email@example.com), telephone (01952 540877), or fax (01952 541230). Consequently, once an order has been despatched it cannot be cancelled. Other terms and conditions apply to the cancellation of seminars, courses and conferences. With regard to these, unless otherwise stated, we reserve the right to apply the following cancellation charges and to reallocate any places:
|4 weeks or more prior to the event
||10% of total cost (plus VAT)
|More than 2 weeks but less than 4 weeks prior to the event
||50% of total cost (plus VAT)
|Less than 2 weeks prior to the event
||100% of total cost (plus VAT)
- To avoid incorrect orders and subsequent demands for payment, customers are advised to carefully check through orders before submitting them.
- Orders for physical resources should be checked upon receipt, and any errors, shortages or defects referred back to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 48 hours of receipt. In the case of pre-orders for resources not yet published, customers should notify us within 7 days of the actual publication date of these resources in the event of non-arrival.
- All invoices should be settled within 30 days unless otherwise stated – for example – in the case of late bookings for courses, payment should be settled in full before the event is due to take place.
- In accordance with ‘The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998’, for any invoices not settled by educational establishment or other business organisations within 90 days of the good(s) / service(s) being despatched / delivered, interest will be calculated and charged daily at the Bank of England base rate plus 8 per cent. A debt recovery cost charge of £40 per invoice may also be charged on top of this interest.
- APT Initiatives Ltd owns the intellectual property rights of all published works including website content. All works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. APT Initiatives Ltd’s published works should not be modified in any way and APT Initiatives Ltd’s status as the publisher of the material must always be acknowledged. Unless stated otherwise, teachers / tutors purchasing APT resources can reproduce materials for use with up to 60 students registered at one single site location, in any given year. Any access to APT works, via an intranet, or similar, must be via a suitably password protected system. Access in this way, other than by an enrolled student or member of staff should not be feasible. For individual’s wishing to purchase material for their own personal use, single user licences are available on some of our resources, usually at a discounted price. No part of APT Initiatives Ltd’s publications may be made available to any other individual or organisation, in any form, or by any means, without the written permission of APT Initiatives Ltd. Any person who does an unauthorised act in relation to APT publications may be liable to criminal prosecution and civil claims for damages.
- APT Initiatives Ltd’s main aim is to help minimise teachers’ workloads and support them in their aim of maximising students’ performance, and every effort is made to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness of all published material and advice given. It should be appreciated, however, that APT Initiatives Ltd’s materials and advice are provided without guarantees, conditions or warranties as to accuracy or completeness, that all published material and advice given represents APT Initiatives Ltd’s interpretation of the subject matter and skills required to meet particular specification criteria, and that when using APT’s resources / course materials, users retain full responsibility for checking specification requirements and, in the case of teachers / tutors, for the final delivery of subject matter to students. APT Initiatives Ltd is not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user of our published materials or of our website, or the use of any websites that are linked to it or from it, or the inability to use our site or any websites linked to or from it. This includes any liability for the loss of: income or revenue; salary, benefits or other payments; business; profits or contracts; anticipated savings; data; goodwill or reputation; tangible property; intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system; wasted management or office time. In this context, APT is available to discuss any of its published material and / or advice given through its seminars, courses and conferences, should the user wish to discuss APT’s Interpretation.
- APT Initiatives Ltd processes personal data in accordance with our privacy notice, which is available from our website, or upon request. By corresponding or trading with APT Initiatives Ltd, via our website or by any other means (eg by email, phone or fax), you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
- When using our website, you must not introduce viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not try to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to it. You must not attack our website in any way. This includes denial-of-service attacks. We will report any attacks or attempts to gain unauthorised access to our website to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share information about you with them.
- These terms and conditions are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute you have which relates to these terms and conditions, or your use of APT Initiatives Ltd’s works or its website (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms and conditions in your country of residence, or any other relevant country.
- Please check these terms and conditions regularly. They may be updated at any time without notice.