Look out over the next few days as we will be posting a series of free extracts from our
Out of 4 papers included in this resource we will be emailing several sample resources on Theme 1 including:
- Paper 1 Interim Paper – use with your students.
- Mark Schemes & Example Model Answers to this Interim Paper.
- Specification Question Grids – these show which paper, and which question/part-question within each paper, tests individual items listed in the Theme 1 specification subject content.
This will give you a taster of our APT ‘Interim and End of Theme Papers’ which concern Theme 1: Introduction to Markets and Market Failure of the Edexcel AS and A Level Economics A Specification.
Click here for full details of these resources.
The resource is constructed to enable students to be formally tested at various key points throughout their study of the theme, as well as upon completion. Hence, there are 3 ‘interim’ papers and 1 ‘end of theme’ paper, as follows:
- Paper 1 – concerns Nature of Economics (1.1 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 2 – concerns How Markets Work (1.2 of the specification subject content).
- Paper 3 – concerns Market Failure AND Government Intervention (1.3 and 1.4).
- Paper 4 – concerns the entire theme – Markets and Market Failure (1.1 to 1.4).
The four question papers have been written to include questions that test as many areas listed in the specification subject content relating to Theme 1 as possible.
The style and format of each paper is based on the sample assessment material produced by Edexcel for AS Economics A and the papers have been written by a senior examiner for multiple examination boards and experienced teacher of AS and A Level Economics.
What is the Benefit to Teachers? ….. The question papers, mark schemes and detailed example model answers included in this resource will, ultimately:
- minimise the need for you to devise appropriate questions to test your students’ knowledge and understanding at various points throughout their Economics course.
- enable you to test students’ regularly (every 8 to 10 weeks) in a formal examination setting.
- build students’ confidence in sitting AS (and A Level) Economics exams.
- identify any gaps in your students’ knowledge and understanding that need to be re-visited.
- familiarise your students with the skills examiners look for and how to secure high grades.
Price: £65 + VAT for email or download (+ £2.50 for CD) for unlimited use at your school or college.
Due out 30 September 2016 – available to pre-order now:
We are producing similar resources for Themes 2, 3 and 4, as well as mock examination papers for A Level Papers 1, 2 and 3 for Edexcel Economics Spec A: