Pack of 10 Essential Knowledge Handbooks for Students of Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Business – THEME 1: Investigating Small Business
(P&P will be calculated at the checkout)
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Benefits / Reasons to Invest in APT’s Handbooks:
- Develop strong subject knowledge – Precise, easy to understand explanations on every topic and sub-topic listed in the Theme 1 specification (130+ pages).
- Cement subject knowledge and support students in mastering each topic – through a highly comprehensive range of end of topic questions.
- Complete and thorough coverage of all examinable subject content – Explanations (and questions) closely follow the detail of the specification, as well as including additional content referenced in Edexcel’s Content Guidance, Scheme of Work and Sample Assessment Material (published at the time of writing).
- Ideal for independent learning as well as to develop, clarify, consolidate and test student’s knowledge and understanding of topics covered in class – Explanations are sufficiently detailed to enable students to grasp the essential theory required with minimum teacher assistance.
- Written by a highly experienced, trusted author and entrepreneur – with 24 years’ experience in business education, including teaching, examining, writing and revising.
Discounts are available on bulk purchases: 10 books cost £6.30 per book, 20 books can be obtained at £5.95 per book, 30 books at £5.60, 40 books at £5.25, and 50 plus books at £4.90. Please contact APT to obtain a discount code prior to ordering. P&P applies and is dependent on quantity ordered (and total weight). P&P per pack of 10 books is £9.40 (94p per book). 20 or 30 books is £10.50 (53p or 35p per book). 40 or 50 books is £13.40 (34p or 27p per book). 60 books is £23.90 (40p per book). Delivery is 3-5 working days (after publication).
Essential Knowledge Handbooks are also available for Theme 2.
The Handbooks are divided into 5 main sections and 19 sub-sections, which match the topics and sub-topics of the Theme 1 Specification (published in 2016, for first teaching in 2017). They are laid out A4 landscape, with two A5 pages per A4 page. There are 139 A5 pages and there is some space on each page which students can write on, next to the text, if they wish to highlight any points / make additional notes.
At the beginning of each sub-section there is a summary of what students need to learn. These summaries, and the explanations that follow, take into account Edexcel’s specification, content guidance, scheme of work and sample assessment material (published at the time of writing) – to ensure all examinable subject content is covered.
‘Essential Knowledge Checklists’ are provided at the end of each sub-section (sub-topic). These comprise a wide range of exam-style questions which students can work through and answer using the in-depth explanations provided, or which teachers can set as homework, or as more formal tests in class.
Key terms are signposted throughout, and a detailed index is provided at the end of the Handbook – to enable students to quickly access the information they require.
The author, Claire Baker, is an experienced teacher, examiner, author and the founder and Managing Director of APT Initiatives Ltd. Having previously worked in industry, she has taught Business from ages 11 to 19 and has been an Examiner, Principal Examiner and Reviser for Business and Business related courses for a leading awarding body.