A quick and simple starter activity for you to use with your students, to introduce them to the context for this year’s Edexcel’s A Level Business Paper 3 examination, which will be based on the Health & Fitness Industry. This is the type of activity we will be including in our ‘Student Research Tasks’, which is just one of 5 sections in our Complete Context Companion for this year’s (2017) Paper 3 Exam, which can be ordered here…
According to this video – up to the year ending 31 March 2016…
1. How many people are members of gyms in the UK?
2. What is the penetration rate (ie the percentage of people in the UK that have taken up gym membership)?
3. How many more new gym facilities were opened this year?
4. What percentage of the total number of private clubs operate in the ‘low cost’ sector?
5. What percentage of the private sector market do ‘low cost’ clubs account for, in terms of market value?
6. What percentage of total private sector membership do ‘low cost’ clubs account for?
7. What low cost fitness operator has recently become the top operator in the UK?
8. How many clubs did this company open this year?
Edexcel have uploaded their GCE A Level Business Paper 3 Pre-Released 2017 CONTEXT which can be accessed here. APT are experts in producing resources for pre-released contexts, themes and case studies – we have been doing this for 17 years and we will be producing a Complete Context Companion for use with Edexcel’s A Level Pre-released 2017 Context, which should be ready by the end of January.
Our COMPLETE CONTEXT COMPANION can be pre-ordered now. It will include 5 separate resources that can be purchased individually, or together at a discounted price:
- PowerPoint presentations for teachers - to launch the context to students and introduce and / or summarise each aspect.
- Research tasks for students with links to relevant articles - to encourage students to undertake independent research, with links to relevant articles, and points to consider.
- Detailed investigation into the context for teachers - with relevant theory, data and business examples, and analytical and evaluative comment. This includes extracts from articles – so there is no having to click on ‘this link here’ and ‘that link there’ to access relevant research / data.
- Essential revision summaries for students - with relevant theory / concepts, data, business examples, and analytical and evaluative comment.
- Mock exam paper, mark schemes and example model answers - in the same style and format as the sample assessment material produced by Edexcel for the Paper 3 context examination.
Feedback received on resources APT has published to date for use with Pre-Released Contexts, Case Studies and Themes:
“The materials you provided were excellent and suited every level of teaching. I only wish that I had ordered earlier in the year ”
Gareth Moran, Rye St Antony School
“Absolutely outstanding. I call this my ‘Bible’. Your resources are in a different league. It’s worth every penny! A fantastic tool that fully supports teaching and
learning and student progression in great depth and detail! Greatly appreciated! Your work is amazing!”
Laura Pickford, Heworth Grange School
“Your resource is outstanding and becomes the sole resource in my class from February to all the way to the exam day.”
Jillur Rahman, Woodbridge High School
“Excellent materials. All the students came out with a smile on their face and commented everything on the analysis came out”.
Ruth Daniel, Tower Hamlets College
“It is the most comprehensive pack I think we have ever received.”
“Pleased with the level of detail, insight and depth. They have become an invaluable part of our preparation.”
Andrew Livingstone, Heart of England School
“Fantastic results using your material. My business student went from a predicted Grade E to a B on her paper and was just short of an A.”
Jane Wood, Tutor
“Your resources are proving invaluable and so much more useful than other providers that I buy from.”
Ian Chapman, Queen Anne’s School
Pre-order NOW – to be published January 2017
Price: £85 + VAT for email or download (+ £2.50 for CD) for unlimited use at your school or college.
By Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On line with a debit/credit card or by PayPal (click here)
By phone with a school order number to 01952 540877
By fax with a school order number to 01952 541230
By post to APT Initiatives Ltd, Millstone Lodge, Eaton Upon Tern, Market Drayton, TF9 2BX