apt4Maths: Set of 11 PowerPoint Presentations (Relating to Algebra) on Graphs for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
From £20.50 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This set of 11 PowerPoint Presentations, written by a highly experienced teacher (of 25+ years), senior examiner and reviser for Maths and Stats examinations, are designed for use by:
- any teacher – not necessarily a maths specialist – as part of their own delivery of lessons.
- students working independently.
They can be used by:
- cover teachers.
- students who are unable to attend their lesson in person.
Each PowerPoint Presentation includes:
- Lesson objectives
- Step-by-step explanations of the subject matter
- Examples to aid understanding
- Questions to check understanding
- Answers to questions, with explanations
- Suggestions regarding which topic(s) should be moved on to next.
These PowerPoint Presentations relate to the ‘Algebra’ sections of the Maths specifications. Other sets relating to Algebra concern:
- Algebraic Manipulation
- Equations & Inequalities
- Types of Number and Sequences
This set of 11 PowerPoint Presentations (193 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following topics relating to ‘Graphs’:
- 01 Introducing Functions (15 slides): Explains how to use function machines to find outputs and inputs, how to use functions to find mappings, and how to find and use inverse functions.
- 02 Composite Functions (13 slides): Reviews previous work on functions and explains how to find composite functions.
- 03 Co-ordinates (19 slides): Explains how to plot and read off co-ordinates in all 4 quadrants and how to find and use co-ordinate midpoints.
- 04 Plotting Graphs (16 slides): Explains the different types of graphs; Reviews substitution (using formulae) and co-ordinates; Explains how to plot graphs (straight and curved), and outlines the shapes of linear, quadratic, cubic, reciprocal and trigonometric (eg sine wave) graphs.
- 05 Gradients & Intercepts (20 slides): Explains how to find the x-axis and y-axis intercepts of straight or curved lines, and how to find the gradients of straight lines and tangents of curves, in order to sketch a graph.
- 06 Straight Line Graphs (22 slides): Explains how to find and use the equations of straight line graphs.
- 07 Parallel & Perpendicular Graphs (15 slides): Explains how to spot and find the equations of parallel lines, how to find reciprocals, and how to find the equations of perpendicular lines.
- 08 Circle Graphs (18 slides): Explains how to plot or sketch a circle graph, how to find the equation of a circle graph, and how to find the equation of a tangent to a circle graph.
- 09 Trigonometric Graphs (14 slides): Explains how to plot and recognise trigonometric graphs for sine, cosine, and tangent, and explains amplitude and wavelength and how these can be changed to transform trigonometric graphs.
- 10 Transforming Graphs (9 slides): Explains the 4 main ways of transforming graphs: moving up / down, moving across, reflecting in the x-axis, and reflecting in the y-axis.
- 11 Real-life Graphs (22 slides): Explains how to plot, use, and interpret graphs that represent real-life situations, including conversion graphs, distance-time graphs, and velocity-time graphs.