apt4Maths: Set of 13 PowerPoint Presentations (Relating to Number) on Fractions for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
From £15.50 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This set of 13 PowerPoint Presentations, written by a highly experienced teacher (of 25+ years), senior examiner and reviser for Maths and Stats examinations, are designed for use by:
- any teacher – not necessarily a maths specialist – as part of their own delivery of lessons.
- students working independently.
They can be used by:
- cover teachers.
- students who are unable to attend their lesson in person.
Each PowerPoint Presentation includes:
- Lesson objectives
- Step-by-step explanations of the subject matter
- Examples to aid understanding
- Questions to check understanding
- Answers to questions, with explanations
- Suggestions regarding which topic(s) should be moved on to next.
These PowerPoint Presentations are one of several sets of PowerPoint Presentations, which essentially relate to the ‘Number’ section of the Maths specifications. These other sets concern:
- Place Value and Approximations
This set of 13 PowerPoint Presentations (143 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following fraction-based topics:
- 01 Fractions – The Basics (12 slides): Explains how to recognise fractions – proper, improper, and mixed numbers, how to write fractions correctly, and how to express what fraction of a shape is shaded or unshaded.
- 02 Converting between Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions (15 slides): Explains how to convert between mixed numbers and improper fractions.
- 03 Equivalent Fractions (9 slides): Explains how to find equivalent fractions and cancel fractions down.
- 04 Express as Fractions (9 slides): Explains how to express one value as a fraction of another.
- 05 Comparing and Ordering Fractions (21 slides): Reviews equivalent fractions and introduces fraction to decimal conversions in order to compare fractions or put them in size order.
- 06 Recurring Decimals to Fractions (10 slides): Explains, using algebra, how to convert a recurring decimal to a fraction.
- 07 Adding and Subtracting Fractions (13 slides): Explains how to add and subtract fractions, including mixed numbers.
- 08 Multiplying with Fractions (10 slides): Explains how to multiply fractions by whole numbers, and how to multiply fractions by fractions (including mixed numbers).
- 09 Dividing with Fractions (8 slides): Explains how to divide fractions by whole numbers, how to divide whole numbers by fractions, and how to divide fractions by fractions (including mixed numbers).
- 10 Fractions of Quantities (10 slides): Explains how to calculate fractions of quantities, and revises multiplying fractions by fractions.
- 11 Fractional Change (8 slides): Explains how to increase or decrease a quantity by a fraction of itself.
- 12 Solving Reverse Fraction Problems (8 slides): Explains how to find the original value when given the increased or decreased value. It also revises dividing by fractions.
- 13 Algebraic Fractions (10 slides): Revises algebraic manipulation and explains how to apply the skills learnt regarding calculations with fractions (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing) to solving problems involving algebraic fractions.
- Work on fractional indices is included in APT’s set of PowerPoints on ‘Types of Number‘ (which relates to the ‘Algebra‘ section of the Maths Specifications).
- More in-depth work on fraction-decimal-percentage conversions is included in APT’s set of PowerPoints on ‘Percentages‘.