apt4Maths: Set of 14 PowerPoint Presentations (Relating to Algebra) on Equations and Inequalities for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
From £23.50 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email email@example.com.
This set of 14 PowerPoint Presentations, written by a highly experienced teacher (of 25+ years), senior examiner and reviser for Maths and Stats examinations, are designed for use by:
- any teacher – not necessarily a maths specialist – as part of their own delivery of lessons.
- students working independently.
They can be used by:
- cover teachers.
- students who are unable to attend their lesson in person.
Each PowerPoint Presentation includes:
- Lesson objectives
- Step-by-step explanations of the subject matter
- Examples to aid understanding
- Questions to check understanding
- Answers to questions, with explanations
- Suggestions regarding which topic(s) should be moved on to next.
These PowerPoint Presentations relate to the ‘Algebra’ sections of the Maths specifications. Other sets relating to Algebra concern:
- Algebraic Manipulation
- Types of Number and Sequences
This set of 14 PowerPoint Presentations (208 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following topics relating to ‘Equations & Inequalities’:
- 01 Linear Equations – Simple (20 slides): Explains how to solve simple linear equations by finding missing values in calculations, using function machines and their inverses, and using a balance.
- 02 Linear Equations – Unknowns Both Sides (9 slides): Explains how to solve linear equations with unknowns on both sides of the equal sign.
- 03 Linear Equations – Brackets (11 slides): Reviews expanding brackets before explaining how to solve linear equations that involve brackets.
- 04 Solving Equations – Trial & Improvement (13 slides): Explains how to solve equations involving powers, using the method of trial and improvement.
- 05 Quadratic Equations – Factorising (10 slides): Explains how to solve quadratic equations by factorising.
- 06 Quadratic Equations – Completing Square (9 slides): Explains how to solve quadratic equations by completing the square.
- 07 Quadratic Equations – Using Formula (10 slides): Explains how to solve quadratic equations by using the formula.
- 08 Iterative Methods (15 slides): Explains how to find approximate solutions to equations using iterative methods.
- 09 Simultaneous Equations – Using Graphs (19 slides): Reviews prior knowledge of co-ordinates and lines of equations before explaining how to solve simultaneous equations by plotting their graphs.
- 10 Simultaneous Equations – Elimination (18 slides): Explains how to solve simultaneous equations by elimination.
- 11 Simultaneous Equations -Substitution (21 slides): Explains how to solve simultaneous equations (including those involving a quadratic equation) by substitution.
- 12 Inequalities (23 slides): Reviews the symbols for inequalities before explaining how to represent inequalities on number lines and as regions on a graph.
- 13 Inequations (16 slides): Explains how to solve linear inequations, double inequalities, and (for higher tier only) quadratic inequations.
- 14 Expressions & Equations (14 slides): Explains how to formulate expressions and how to formulate equations to solve.
- Work on algebraic fractions is included in APT’s set of PowerPoints on ‘Fractions’.
- Work on proofs and identities is included in APT’s set of PowerPoints on ‘Algebraic Manipulation’.