apt4Maths: Set of 13 PowerPoint Presentations on Calculations for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
From £23.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email email@example.com.
This set of 13 PowerPoint Presentations, written by a highly experienced teacher (of 25+ years), senior examiner and reviser for Maths and Stats examinations, are designed for use by:
- any teacher – not necessarily a maths specialist – as part of their own delivery of lessons.
- students working independently.
They can be used by:
- cover teachers.
- students who are unable to attend their lesson in person.
Each PowerPoint Presentation includes:
- Lesson objectives
- Step-by-step explanations of the subject matter
- Examples to aid understanding
- Questions to check understanding
- Answers to questions, with explanations
- Suggestions regarding which topic(s) should be moved on to next.
These PowerPoint Presentations are one of several sets of PowerPoint Presentations, which essentially relate to the ‘Number’ section of the Maths specifications. These other sets concern:
- Place Value and Approximations
This set of 13 PowerPoint Presentations (205 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following calculation-based topics:
- 01 Addition (15 slides): Reviews terminology linked with addition and teaches pencil and paper methods for adding integers and decimals. Also looks at techniques for checking answers.
- 02 Subtraction (17 slides): Reviews terminology linked with subtraction and teaches pencil and paper methods for subtracting integers and decimals. Also looks at techniques for checking answers.
- 03 Multiply and Divide by Powers of Ten (16 slides): Explains how to multiply or divide whole numbers and decimals by 10, 100, etc.
- 04 Standard (Index) Form (17 slides): Explains why standard (index) form is used, how to read and write values in standard form, and how calculators are used with this format.
- 05 Multiplication (Integers) (29 slides): Reviews terminology linked with multiplication and teaches the different pencil and paper methods available to multiply whole numbers together. Also looks at techniques for checking answers.
- 06 Multiplying Decimals (7 slides): Explains how to multiply decimals together.
- 07 Short and Long Division (Integers) (16 slides): Reviews terminology linked with division and teaches pencil and paper methods for dividing whole numbers. Also looks at techniques for checking answers.
- 08 Dividing Decimals (8 slides): Explains how to divide decimals by decimals.
- 09 Equivalent Calculations (20 slides): Explains how equivalent calculations can be used to find answers more easily. Teaches how to use one calculation to find the answer to other, related calculations.
- 10 Working with Negative Numbers (20 slides): Explains how to undertake all operations involving negative numbers.
- 11 BIDMAS (13 slides): Teaches the order in which operations are undertaken in mixed arithmetic calculations.
- 12 Solving Wordy Problems (14 slides): Looks at how different calculations are hidden in contextual questions.
- 13 Using a Calculator – The Basics (13 slides): Looks at how to use different calculators and how to interpret and check answers given on them.
- Work on multiplying and dividing by powers of ten as well as standard form is also included in the Place Value and Approximations Pack.