apt4Maths: Set of 8 PowerPoint Presentations on Ratios and Proportion for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
From £11.00 ex VAT
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email email@example.com.
This set of 8 PowerPoint Presentations, written by a highly experienced teacher (of 25+ years), senior examiner and reviser for Maths and Stats examinations, are designed for use by:
- any teacher – not necessarily a maths specialist – as part of their own delivery of lessons.
- students working independently.
They can be used by:
- cover teachers.
- students who are unable to attend their lesson in person.
Each PowerPoint Presentation includes:
- Lesson objectives
- Step-by-step explanations of the subject matter
- Examples to aid understanding
- Questions to check understanding
- Answers to questions, with explanations
- Suggestions regarding which topic(s) should be moved on to next.
These PowerPoint Presentations are one of several sets of PowerPoint Presentations which relate to the ‘Ratio, Proportion and Rates of Change’ section of the Maths specifications.
This set of 8 PowerPoint Presentations (101 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following ratio and proportion-based topics:
- 01 Ratios – An Introduction (15 slides): Explains what a ratio is, how it is written, how a ratio can be simplified or an equivalent ratio can be found.
- 02 Using Ratios (16 slides): Reviews simplifying ratios and finding equivalent ratios, before explaining how to use ratios to solve problems and how to find unitary ratios.
- 03 Ratio Division (9 slides): Explains how to express ratios as fractions and how to divide an amount in a given ratio.
- 04 Direct Proportion – Exchange Rate Problems (12 slides): Explains how to solve direct proportion problems in the context of exchange rates.
- 05 Direct Proportion – Best Buy Problems (13 slides): Explains how to solve direct proportion problems in the context of best buy situations.
- 06 Direct Proportion – Recipe-style Problems (10 slides): Explains how to solve direct proportion problems in the context of recipes.
- 07 Inverse Proportion (10 slides): Explains how to solve inverse proportion problems.
- 08 Proportionality (16 slides): Explains direct and inverse proportionality, how to find the constant in proportionality equations, how to solve proportionality problems, and what proportionality looks like on graphs.
Note: Ratio and proportion may also come up when teaching scale diagrams, similarity and vectors.