apt4Maths: PowerPoint Presentation on Angles – Bearings for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Mathematics
(VAT will be calculated at checkout)
If you are a school/college and would like to place an order and be INVOICED later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the 6th PowerPoint Presentation only of the full set of 14 PowerPoint Presentations on Shapes, Angles and Construction for GCSE (and Key Stage 3) Maths. This PowerPoint defines bearings and explains how knowledge of angles at parallel lines can be used to find bearings.
The full set of 14 PowerPoint Presentations on Shapes, Angles and Construction can be purchased from www.apt-initiatives.com
The full set of 14 PowerPoint Presentations on Shapes, Angles and Construction (238 slides, excluding Title Pages) covers the following topics:
- 01 Shapes – Terminology and Properties (18 slides): Defines key terms relating to shapes and angles and explains the types and properties of triangles and quadrilaterals.
- 02 Angles – An Introduction (25 slides): Links turning, compass points and analogue clock hands to multiples of 90°. Explains key words, types of angles, estimating angles and measuring angles.
- 03 Angles – Simple Facts (20 slides): Explains how: complementary angles add up to 90, supplementary angles add up to 180, angles at a point add up to 360, vertically opposite angles are equal, angles in a triangle add up to 180, and angles in a quadrilateral add up to 360.
- 04 Angles – Polygons (20 slides): Reviews the names of common polygons, explains how to calculate exterior and interior angles of regular polygons as well as missing angles of irregular polygons, and explains what is meant by the term tessellation.
- 05 Angles – Parallels (23 slides): Explains the types of angles formed when a transversal line crosses parallel lines and explains how this knowledge can be used to calculate missing angles.
- 06 Angles – Bearings (9 slides): Defines bearings and explains how knowledge of angles at parallel lines can be used to find bearings. INCLUDED in this download
- 07 Circle Theorems (21 slides): Reviews terms linked to circles, explains the eight circle theorems and how these can be applied to find the size of angles.
- 08 Basic Trigonometry (24 slides): Explains the basics of trigonometry relating to sine, cosine and tangent values for right-angled triangles, and how to find missing sides and missing angles using trigonometry.
- 09 Sine Rule (14 slides): Explains the Sine Rule and how to use it to find missing sides and angles in triangles.
- 10 Scale Drawings (11 slides): Explains how to calculate real and scale distances on scale drawings.
- 11 Constructions (13 slides): Explains how to construct SAS, ASA, and SSS triangles.
- 12 Bisectors (11 slides): Explains how to Explains how to bisect a line and bisect an angle.
- 13 Locus (14 slides): Explains how to find the locus of a given situation
- 14 Views (15 slides): Explains isometric views, elevations (front, side and back), and plans.